Transmission is a fast, easy, and free multi-platform BitTorrent client.
Transmission sets initial preferences so things 'Just Work', while advanced features like watch directories, bad peer blocking, and the web interface can be configured with just a few clicks. Macworld put it this way: 'It's fast, it's extremely lightweight, and even though it's available for a variety of platforms it behaves just as you'd expect a Mac program to.'
Transmission supports full encryption, file selection, a web-based interface, groups, peer exchange, automatic port forwarding, webseeds, watch directories, tracker editing, global and per-torrent speed limits, and more.
Its code is freely available online and is licensed under either the GNU Public License v2 or the MIT License. The development team welcomes anyone who is interested in contributing code, documentation, translations, or other help.
- Decrease CPU usage in some situations
- Close a rare race condition on startup
- More efficient use of libcurl when curl 7.18.0 or newer is present
- Web Client Layout fixes when viewed on an iPhone/iPod touch
- Support Internet Explorer in the Web Client