xACT 2.13 - Audio compression toolkit.. (Free): "
xACT stands for X Audio Compression Toolkit. It is a GUI based front end for the unix applications Shorten (3.6.1), shntool (3.0.10), monkey's audio compressor (3.99), flac (1.2.1), wavpack (4.60.1), TTA (3.4.1) , cdda2wav 3.0 (with paranoia support) and dvda-author (v09.05). It also uses sox ( 14.3.1), LAME 3.98.4, AtomicParsley 0.9.0, TagLib and mp4v2. It executes the basic commands of these applications and adds other features to speed up productivity in creation/use of etree.org standard filesets.
- Added ability to tag MP3, Monkey's Audio, and WavPack files. Changed FLAC tagging to make unicode-friendly. Added ability to add album art to FLAC, AAC, Apple Lossless and MP3 files.
- fixed bug when 'Delete original files' option checked and task canceled that resulted in original files still being deleted. Check now in place to prevent this.
- added user preference to delete files or move to trash when 'Delete original files' checked. Default is to delete.
- added ability to convert Apple Lossless files to LAME mp3. Tags and album art will be copied to the mp3.
- Added ability to parse a CUE file for tags (album, performer, track names). From the 'FLAC/M4A Tags' tab, select 'Load Tags From CUE sheet…' from the File menu and choose a cue sheet. xACT will attempt to parse the metadata from the file. Note: previous 'Load track Names from file' was moved from the Edit menu to the File Menu.
- added ability to make DVD-Audio disc image from flac or wav files. note: the tool that authors the dvd-a data may picky about wav files having standard headers. If wavs don't work, try flac files.
- fixed bug when using 'shntool fix' to fix sector boundary errors on files with no file extension.
- fixed bug when converting files with no extension to SHN
- fixed bug in custom shntool len format when time was not last
- fixed bug that caused a crash when verifying md5 checksum file with invalid checksum format
Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)