Stellarium 0.12.1 - Open source desktop planetarium. (Free): "
Stellarium is an open source desktop planetarium. It renders the skies in realtime using OpenGL, which means the skies will look exactly like what you see with your eyes, binoculars, or a small telescope. Stellarium is very simple to use, which is one of its biggest advantages: it can easily be used by beginners.
- Caldwell catalog for nebulae
- re-packed star catalogs (Hipparcos and Tycho-2)
- delta-T manager
- star magnitude limit control
- updates textures of galaxies and nebulae
- various small GUI changes.
The release has over 30 closed bugs in the core application and plugins.
Note: We updated the configuration file and the Solar System file, so if you have an existing Stellarium installation, it is possible that you need to reset the settings after you install the new version.
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
- 3D graphics card which supports OpenGL 1.2
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)