MKVtoolnix 6.2.0_2013-04-28-b48 - Create, altern and inspect Matroska (mkv) files. (Free): "
MKVtoolnix is a set of tools to create, alter, and inspect Matroska files under Mac OS X, Linux and other Unices, and Windows. They do for Matroska what the OGMtools do for the OGM format and then some.
Since May 1st 2003, the Matroska libraries themselves and my Matroska tools are officially released as a first public beta version. Although all of them are still under heavy development, I urge you to download the software, test it and report any errors you encounter to me. I'm always grateful for good bug reports because I miss so many mistakes and you guys normally find them. Your feedback is important to me :)
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The option '--engage remove_bitstream_ar_info' will now work on AVC/h.264 tracks read from Matroska/MP4 files as well. Fixes #868.
- mmg: bug fix: mmg will now handle all file names given on the command line instead of only the first one. This allows things like opening several selected files with mmg in Windows, and mmg will add all of them. Fixes #867.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The amount of memory required to store the cues during muxing has been reduced drastically. This is more noticeable the more video and subtitle tracks are muxed. Fixes #871.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: If splitting had been active then the elements 'cue duration' and 'cue relative position' were only written to the first output file.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The 'CTS offset' field of FLV files with AVC/h.264 video tracks is now read as a signed-integer field in accordance with the FLV specifications.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: DTS parsing: no more warnings about incompatible encoder revision numbers will be printed. Fixes #866.
- mkvextract: enhancement: track extraction mode: If mkvextract encounters a broken file structure it will output the last timecode successfully read before resyncing. After the resync the first cluster timecode will be reported as well.
- installer: The installation directory will no longer be added to the PATH environment variable.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The parsing of the AAC AudioSpecificConfig structure (the bytes contained in Matroska's CodecPrivate and in MP4's 'ESDS' atom) was fixed to support parsing the GASpecificConfig and the ProgramConfigElement if the channel configuration is 0. Fixes #872.
- mmg: bug fix: Loading chapters from Matroska files will open the file in read-only mode allowing to read from write-protected files.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: All entries in chapters imported from MPLS playlists were named 'Chapter 0'. The numbering has been fixed. Fixes #870.
- mkvmerge: new feature: Selecting the lowest process priority with '--priority lowest' will cause mkvmerge to also select an idle/background I/O priority. Implements #863.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading AVI files with audio chunks of size 0. Fixes #843.
- mmg: new feature: Add control for new option '--fix-bitstream-timing-information'.
- mkvmerge: new feature: Add option for fixing the timing information in video track bitstreams (--fix-bitstream-timing-information).
- mkvmerge: enhancement: Matroska reader: If mkvmerge encounters a broken file structure it will output the last timecode successfully read before resyncing. After the resync the first cluster timecode will be reported as well.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: MPEG program stream reader: tracks with invalid video properties (e.g. width or height = 0) are ignored properly.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The progress percentage was sometimes using the wrong input file as the reference if multiple files are read with the 'additional parts' mechanism (on the command line: the syntax '( VTS_01_1.VOB VTS_1_2.VOB VTS_1_3.VOB )'.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed one situation that could lead to mkvmerge aborting with the error message 'Re-rendering track headers: data_size != 0 not implemented yet'.
- mkvmerge: removal: Support for BZ2 (bzlib) and LZO (lzo1x) compression has been removed.
- mmg: bug fix: Using drag-and-drop to add playlists will no longer lock the dragging application (e.g., Windows Explorer) in D-and-D mode for the duration of the scan for other playlists.
- mmg: bug fix: The validation for the argument to 'split by chapters' was wrongfully rejecting certain valid inputs (chapter number lists in which the second or any later chapter number was higher than 9).
OS X 10.6 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)