Plex Media Server 0.9.8.14 - Seamlessly connect your Plex clients with your local media. (Free): "
Plex Media Server seamlessly connects your Plex clients with all of your local and online media. The combination of centralized library management, streaming of online content, and powerful transcoding functionality provides an unrivaled level of flexibility and ease of use.
Plex Media Server runs on your Mac, PC, or compatible NAS device and serves your media to all of your Plex clients including Plex-enabled mobile devices and 2011 LG Smart TVs.
- Effortlessly organize your media into a versatile library
- Native Cocoa and web-based versions provide local and network access to management features
- Automatically retrieve metadata from the Internet
- Complete customization of your library with a few clicks
- Automatic updates when new local content is added
- Updated ffmpeg used in media analysis, should help in many ways.
- Track stream titles and codec ID in media analysis.
- Improve connectivity to myPlex.
- Massive improvements to Universal Transcoder quality. Fixes issues with artifacts.
- Increase audio bitrate at higher qualities.
- Failure to re-publish server after connectivity issue.
- Don't log passwords. For real.
- Subtitle encoding detection improved for eastern European languages.
- (DLNA) Improve photo rendering.
- (Sync) An issue with a bogus resource path.
- OS X 10.6.3 or later
- Core Duo processor or higher
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)