Transmission 2.81 - Popular BitTorrent client. (Free): "
Transmission is a fast, easy and free multi-platform BitTorrent client.
Transmission sets initial preferences so things 'Just Work', while advanced features like watch directories, bad peer blocking, and the Web interface can be configured with just a few clicks. Macworld put it this way: 'It's fast, it's extremely lightweight, and - even though it's available for a variety of platforms - it behaves just as you'd expect a Mac program to.'
Transmission supports full encryption, file selection, a web-based interface, groups, peer exchange, automatic port forwarding, webseeds, watch directories, tracker editing, global and per-torrent speed limits, and more.
Its code is freely available online and is licensed under either the GNU Public License v2 or the MIT License. The development team welcomes anyone who is interested in contributing code, documentation, translations, or other help.
- Fix bug that showed the incorrect status for some peers
- Better handling of announce errors returned by some trackers
- Fix crash when removing a torrent when its seed ratio or idle limit is reached
- Fix crash when pausing some torrents
- Extend the cookie lifespan so that settings like sort order don't get lost
OS X 10.6 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)