PopChar 5.3 - Floating window shows available font characters.. (Shareware): "
PopChar is a utility application that lets you insert special characters, accented letters, umlauts, etc. from all installed fonts into your documents. You never need to search for and remember keystrokes any longer. Just pop up the PopChar window, click the desired character, and the character appears in your current document.
If a font contains Unicode characters, you can see all of them, neatly arranged in the standard Unicode categories.
- Simple to use, just click and select,
- Inserts accented characters, foreign letters and any other character from all installed fonts,
- Automatic font detection,
- Full Unicode support,
- Character search function,
- Various insertion options,
- Insertion of HTML symbols,
- Recent characters view,
- Displays the keystrokes needed to create selected characters,
- Automatically starts at login
- Support for colored symbols in the Apple Color Emoji font (requires Mac OS X 10.7 Lion).
- The PopChar window now remains visible in all spaces.
- PopChar now comes with a large (512x512) Finder icon.
- Improved saving and restoring technique for the clipboard contents.
- Reduces the CPU load when PopChar runs in the background.
- Fine-tuned size adjustment for the Cambria Math font.
- Works around insertion problems in Google Earth and Texmaker.
- New wording in the installer clarifies the situation when an existing license does not cover the new version.
- Works around a clipboard bug in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Fixes an issue on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion that caused PopChars corner 'P' to disappear after switching spaces.
Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)