PS3 Media Server 1.40.0 - DLNA compliant Upnp media server.. (Free): "
PS3 Media Server runs on your Mac as an DLNA compliant Upnp media server. You just share a folder (or more), and this folder you can browse on your PS3 - when you see a media file (e.g. MKV), just press play - and the media server will process real-time video transcoding via MEncoder to the PS3. This means the PS3 will play unsupported files. Even with external .srt / .sub subtitles.
- Ready to launch and play. No codec packs to install. No folder configuration and pre-parsing or this kind of annoying thing. All your folders are directly browsed by the PS3, there's an automatic refresh also.
- Real-time video transcoding via MEncoder, tsMuxer or Avisynth
- DVD ISOs images / VIDEO_TS Folder transcoder
- OGG/FLAC/MPC/APE audio transcoding
- Thumbnail generation for Videos
- You can choose with a virtual folder system your audio/subtitle language on the PS3!
- All formats PS3 natively supports: MP3/WMA, JPG/PNG/GIF/TIFF, and all kind of videos (AVI, MP4, TS, M2TS, MPEG) the ps3 is willing to play
- Display camera RAWs thumbnails (Canon / Nikon, etc.)
- ZIP/RAR files as browsable folders for pictures/audio files
- Support for pictures based feeds, such as Flickr and Picasaweb
- Internet TV / Web Radio support with VLC, MEncoder or MPlayer
- Podcasts audio/ Video feeds support
- Updated Mac OS X MPlayer to enable external VOBsub, ASS/SSA and Fribidi support
- Simplify PMS customization for packagers of custom builds
- Logging fix for headless configurations
- Added experimental support for iPad / iPhone renderers
- Fixed DVD ISO playback on OS X (thanks, jjmojojjmojo!)
- Added support for the AirPlayer app
- Added support for Samsung TV model SEC_HHP_TV (thanks, coax-!)
- Added Aperture support on OS X (thanks, coax-!)
- Added thumbnail support for images (some code from here)
- The cache is now reset after each upgrade/downgrade (for versions higher than 1.40.0)
- Files with the extension *.vdr are now recognized as MPG videos
- Added support for JPEG Multi-Picture Format (.mpo) files
- Added support for chunking renderers like Sony Bluray (thanks, infidel, WorldOfHurt and patters!)
- Updated Italian translation (thanks, nocciola82!)
- Fixed bug that would often limit streaming buffer to 50 MB.
- Updated FFmpeg for Windows to r30656 from r30172
- Updated French translation (thanks, danielha!)
- Updated Russian translation (thanks, Tianuchka!)
- Added support for regular ASS/SSA subtitles (before we only supported the more popular 'advanced' kind)
- Updated MediaInfo to 0.7.47 from 0.7.44
- Updated JRE autodownload to 6u27 from 6u26
- Removed IP/hostname from Status tab (still shown in Traces)
- Updated libraries (codec, gson, jgoodies, logback and netty)
For 1.23.0 and above:
- Just uninstall the older version and install newer one
- To retain your old settings you may have to copy your old config file/s to a new directory.
To find out where the new directory is on your computer, run the program and go to the Traces tab and look on the 14th line, the line that says 'Profile directory:', that is the folder your config files should be saved now.
- If you use the 'media library / cache' option you should reset it.
Mac OS X 10.5.6 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)