StreamToMe 3.7 - Play media across Wi-Fi or 3G connection.. (Free): "
Use StreamToMe on your Mac to play *video*, *music* and *photo* files streamed over WiFi or 3G from your Mac or Windows PC. No prior conversion or copying required, just click the file and it plays.
- Video replay up to HD quality 720p
- Continuous, single and random play modes
- iTunes library integration; browse your iTunes files and playlists
- Play all your music, display album art
- Play through folders or use your iTunes playlists
- SRT and SSA subtitles
You can stream movies up to HD quality (720p) over WiFi to your Mac from most other recent Macs and PCs.
- *Movie files*: in MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV, MPG, MKV, WMV and more formats
- *Music files* in MP3, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, M4A and more formats.
- *Photo files* in JPG, TIFF, PNG, GIF (RAW files are not supported)
Local or remote
Stream over the internet from your Mac/PC to wherever you have a Mac running StreamToMe. All media bitrates are automatically adjusted to suit your connection speed. You can watch your movies, listen to your music wherever you are. Use a dynamic DNS address to find your computer and *stream away*.
**WHAT YOU NEED**
*StreamToMe* requires Mac OS X 10.6 or greater
You also need the free *ServeToMe* program running on either an Intel Mac (OS X 10.5 or later) or a PC with Pentium4 or greater running XP SP2, Vista or Windows.
ServeToMe is a *free program* that StreamToMe users can download from http://projectswithlove.com/streamtome
StreamToMe requires a continuous connection between to the computer running ServeToMe. Network conditions may affect video quality or the ability to connect.
Connecting from an external location (3G or non-local WiFi) requires UPnP/NAT-PMP or manual port forwarding on your router. Some configuration may be required (help at http://projectswithlove.com/streamtome/support_remote_connections.html).
StreamToMe does NOT play back DRM-protected audio or video formats.
- Fixed a crash bug in Mac OS X 10.6.
- Fixed server name resolution on multi-homing networks.
Mac OS X 10.6 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)