DVDpedia 5.1.6 - DVD cataloging tool with iTunes-like interface. (Shareware): "
DVDpedia is a powerful movie cataloging application that retrieves all information about your DVDs and videos from the internet.
Search numerous international sites for information about your movies, either by entering keywords or using a webcam or a scanner. You can create smart collections and start a wish list and a borrowed list so you never loose a DVD again. View your entries as a standard list, browse only the covers in grid view or Cover Flow or use the details view for a personalized look of DVDpedia. Share your collection with friends, using the customizable HTML export templates.
- 'Print Selection' menu option. Bring it up by holding down the option key when visiting the File menu or using the keyboard shortcut Command-Option-P.
- The duplicate warning while adding entries now takes UPC matches into account.
- The UPC column is automatically displayed in the list view when viewing duplicates for easier visualization if duplicates were detected via UPC.
- The 'Download Covers from…' command now does a more extensive search based on title and other attributes and not only on unique ID numbers.
- The Wikipedia search plugin now adds country URLs if possible instead of the default English.
- Statistics.xml and statistics.html files that have been customized by the user can be stored in the program's data folder for preferred display.
- 'sortByLabel' option in the statistics for alphabetical/ chronological sorting instead of by value.
- Years are now sorted chronologically by default in the statistics.
- Secret preference to tell the program to move linked files with certain extensions directly into the data folder/downloads: defaults write com.bruji.dvdpedia 'Automatically Move Link Types' -array 'pdf' 'jpg' ...
- PNG transparency respected in Cover View when PNGs are used.
- The grid view baseline alignment is on the bottom edge of the images now instead of in the center.
- Small margin update to the grid view for an improved layout.
- If a custom field is named 'IMDb Votes' then it gets filled with the number of votes and information excluded from the rating field.
- Allocine, Sensacine, Filmstart and Screenrush plugins updated to use JSON. (All four plugins available for download from our Extras page.)
- The 'Seen History' from the DVDTheque XML file now goes into the 'Last Seen History' in DVDpedia.
- DVD FR now searches EAN numbers as well.
- Improved localizations, especially French.
- Importing a file into the program via drag and drop onto the Dock icon did not automatically save the imported data.
- Selecting further preference options in the Preferences/Sites would bring up the add panel.
- The key localeLanguage was not being set for internal searches with the Amazon plugin.
- Improved Collectorz XML import.
- Exception that could occur in the logs with certain settings while copy pasting a search string into the list view.
- Some long dates with days could be read ambiguously and displayed wrong.
- The 'Add & New' function would not check for duplicates.
- Using the Command-F search command while editing now brings up a warning about unsaved changes.
- Scrolling elasticity on the horizontal axis in the grid view is fixed.
- Details view would cache local images and not update them when changed.
- Some results from IMDb would not display the release year in the 'More results' drawer of the Add window.
- Amazon France could not search for ligatures e.g. �'
- DVD Store detects EANs and searches for them automatically without having to switch the limiter.
- Default appended keyword for cover image search is now 'DVD' instead of 'Cover' for better results.
OS X 10.5 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)