MediaInfo 0.7.66 - Supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. (Free): "MediaInfo provides easy access to technical and tag information about video and audio files.
A non-exhaustive list of the information MediaInfo can retrieve:
- Container: format, profile, commercial name of the format, duration, overall bit rate, writing application and library, title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: format, codec id, aspect, frame rate, bit rate, color space, chroma subsampling, bit depth, scan type, scan order...
- Audio: format, codec id, sample rate, channels, bit depth, language, bit rate...
- Text: format, codec id, language of subtitle...
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters...
A non-exhaustive list of the formats MediaInfo can analyze:
- Container: MPEG-4, QuickTime, Matroska, AVI, MPEG-PS (including DVD), MPEG-TS (including Blu-ray), MXF, GXF, LXF, WMV, FLV, Real...
- Tags: Id3v1, Id3v2, Vorbis comments, APE tags...
- Video: MPEG-1/2 Video, H.263, MPEG-4 Visual (including DivX, XviD), H.264/AVC, Dirac...
- Audio: MPEG Audio (including MP3), AC3, DTS, AAC, Dolby E, AES3, FLAC...
- Subtitles: CEA-608, CEA-708, DTVCC, SCTE-20, SCTE-128, ATSC/53, CDP, DVB Subtitle, Teletext, SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
A non-exhaustive list of the features:
- Read many video and audio file formats
- View information in different formats (text, tree)
- Export information as text
- Graphical user interface, command line interface, or library (.dll/.so/.dylib) versions available
- Integrate with the shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- EBUCore 1.4 output support
- IMF AssetMap (AM), PackageList (PKL) and CompositionPlaylist (CPL): improved support
- Channel layout information for AAC, AC-3, E-AC-3, DTS, Dolby E
- MXF: CodecID field (EssenceContainer-EssenceCompression)
- Pro Tools 10Session file (.ptx) support, by reverse engineering (=it may not work)
- Playlist files: trying to detect language and channel layout from file names
- QuickTime: new field ScanOrder_StoredDisplayedInverted, set to 'Yes' when display and Stored orders are inverted
- Wave: Detection of wrong byte rate in header in order to provide right duration of some PCM streams
- ARIB captions: detection of captions in ancillary data (tested with MXF)
- AAF: basic support of playlist files
- QuickTime: false-positive detection of incoherency between container and raw stream scan order due to inverted display and tored orders
OS X 10.6 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)