MPlayerX 1.0.21 - Alternative, modern media player. (Free): "
MPlayerX is an alternative media player powered by ffmpeg and mplayer.
'Well, I was really tired of Mplayer OS X. It runs OK but, it looks like a ninety year old man.'
And also, the new technology Apple prevailed, such as Core Animation, Grand-Central Dispatch, even OpenCL, pushed me to give them a try.
So I started without even knowing how to program under Mac, came to know Xcode, Objective-C 2.0, Cocoa and the Core family.
It is still in such a primary status, I will keep on enhance and figure out how to do this and how to do that.
Now it could do:
- Multi-Screen Fullscreen support.
- Apple Remote support.
- Multi-Touch support.
- Automatic find next proper file to play.
- Auto detect the encode method of subtitle file (with Universal Charset Detector).
- Multi-Threaded ffmpeg support.
- Change subtitle size while playing(except VOBSub)
- Remember last played time and resume playing.
- Fix: output image is blurry.
- Add support directly playing videos on vimeo.com, youku.com, instagram.com, traileraddict.com, techtv.mit.edu, and so on.
- Simplification when directly play online videos, now you could enjoy YouTube, Vimeo with just one click or drag-and-drop.
- More responsive when opening URL.
- Fix: memleak in mplayer
- OS X 10.6.6 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)