Flip4Mac is the official Windows Media player on the Mac - supported and hosted by Microsoft. With Flip4Mac, you can play Windows Media files (.wma and .wmv) in QuickTime Player and view Windows Media content on the Internet using a Web browser.
- Google Chrome
In general, every QuickTime based Mac OS X application can interface with Flip4Mac WMV Components for QuickTime. Please find enclosed a list of common applications for import and export:
- Final Cut Pro 5, 6 and 7
- Compressor 2 and 3
- Compressor 4 recommended for Final Cut Pro X
- Flip Player
- QuickTime Player 7 Pro
- MPEG Streamclip
- Introduced the new Flip Player application for playing, editing, and transcoding video and audio. Flip Player supports unique features such as dimming the background, cropping video, and creation of iPhone ringtones. It also supports exporting to Apple and Telestream applications, exporting to Apple devices, and Windows Media. Flip Player replaces the WMV Player application.
- All software is now signed with a digital certificate from Apple to address security and anti-malware requirements in Gatekeeper.
- Added support for the application/x-ms-wmp mime type.
- Added 64-bit Core Audio support for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Flip4Mac will now continue playing even if it encounters corrupted audio packets, as long as there are enough valid packets to prevent a perceptible problem with the audio.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Flip4Mac from opening local wvx files.
- Fixed a bug that prevented MMS stream playback and resulted in a -19160 error.
- Fixed potential crashes and memory leaks.
- Fixed various issues with QuickTime X Player 10.2 in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- OS X 10.7 or later
- 64-bit processor
- QuickTime 7.2.1 or later (for Free Player).
- QuickTime Pro 7.2.1 and later (for exporting movies in Player Pro, Studio, Studio Pro and Studio Pro HD. Compressor or Episode recommended for advanced conversion options).
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)