NetSpot 1.2.308 - Wireless survey tool.. (Free): "
NetSpot is a simple and accessible wireless survey tool for Mac users, which allows collecting, visualizing and analyzing Wi-Fi data using any MacBook.
NetSpot can visualize your wireless network by building a visual Wi-Fi map. It will let you see dead zones without coverage and place hotspots (Access Points) correctly. Using the visualized map of collected wireless data you will also see channels' load and will be able to decide how to optimize your Wi-Fi site better.
NetSpot is a powerful analyzer of Wi-Fi coverage. Just in a couple of clicks you can load your area map, point your location on the map and NetSpot starts collecting Wi-Fi data around you. It will gather all the needed information for radio signal leakages analyzing, noise sources discovering, access points effective location, etc.
You can also use NetSpot as a powerful wireless network planning tool. Load a map, collect wireless site survey data, build a heatmap of your network and you are ready to build the optimal configuration of a new Wi-Fi network and wise radio channels usage with minimal signal to noise ratio.
New and worthy!
- New improved advanced algorithm for APs' locations detection
- NetSpot displays AP vendor name and channel info instead of BSSID in the list of detected networks
- Detection of different networks transmitted by the same AP, their signals are ignored when building an interference map
- Zone duplication made easier + you can change zone's properties after duplication (use Zone -> Reconfirgure...)
- We added descriptions to most of the controls (using Tab key with VoiceOver enabled you will hear their descriptions)
- Updated list of devices' vendors
- Enhanced NetSpot's window updates during surveys
- Survey changes tracking has been improved when opening and saving NetSpot project files
- APs' labels which are located very close to each other or below/above each other no longer overlap visually
- We changed maximum values for RSSI (-10), SNR (86), SIR (86)
- Better indication of the scanning progress
- Improved Undo button's actions in the map drawing mode
- APs' icons are placed more accurately on a map (icon's center now matches the exact location of the point)
- Data popovers are now synced with the scanned networks in the sidebar
- Scroll bars are more appealing in Lion
- Heatmap building was improved through new isolines handling algorithms
- Improved support for Unicode characters when adding labels in drawing mode
- Better hints on a map drawing step
- Several minor UI improvements
- Now you just need to double-click (double-tap) to finish a polyline when drawing a map
- Shorter names for survey preparation steps
- Better handling of exceptions and crashes
- Fixed an error when data popovers excluded Access Points with signals lower than -60dBm
- Corrected behavior when the app was closed by closing its main window if there were unsaved data
- Better zooming: map keeps the original position when zoomed in or out (used to shift left before)
- NSAccessibilityException are ignored
- Some texts were corrected
- Fixed errors caused by pressing Esc when inputting text when drawing a map
- Height is now Length when you draw a map or load a blank one
Mac OS X 10.6 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)