VideoSpec 0.9.2 - Displays video file information in detail.. (Free): "
VideoSpec is a free AppleScript studio App (Xcode 3.0 on Leopard) making use of MediaInfo CLI, MPlayer, FFmpeg, qt_tools and AtomicParsley binaries to display detailed informations on video files. Compatibility of analyzed media file with QuickTime Player v.7.6 is provided with indication on the installation status of the displayed QuickTime Component and its download link as well as compatibility with iPod/iPhone/AppleTV. Suggestion on alternate movie player to QuickTime Player is proposed and preview of video files is available using mplayer binary tool. Furthermore, integration of Bitrate Pro adds calculation capacity with multimedia files. Finally, a timecode calculator/converter timecode is now available.
- MediaInfo CLI updated (v0.7.51). Various bugs fixed in mpeg analysis.
- Recognition of Playstation Portable Media container.
- Fields with undefined results are no more shown in full display view (single analysis).
- VLC can be used instead of mplayer for media previewing (VLC must be installed).
- Detailed profiles for DTS. Italian localization (thanks to Alex Masolin!).
Mac OS X 10.5 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)