calibre 0.9.4 - Complete e-library management system.. (Free): "
calibre is a one-stop solution to all your e-book needs. It is free, open source and cross-platform in design and works well on Linux, OS X and Windows. calibre is meant to be a complete e-library solution and thus includes library management, format conversion, news feeds to ebook conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
- Conversion: Add an option to embed a font family into the book. The embedded font is used as the base font for all text that does not specify its own font family in the input document. Works only with output formats that support font embedding, principally EPUB/AZW3. Option is found under Look & Feel in the conversion dialog. You can ensure that the font is used for all text, regardless of the input documents styles by filtering out font family styles via the Filter Style Information option in the Conversion dialog.
- When changing the title/author of a book, use hard links instead of copying the books' files, for a large speedup. Only works on filesystems that support hardlinks.
- Linux installer: Resume interrupted downloads and verify the SHA-512 signature of the downloaded file before installing it.
- Kobo driver: Fix the ondevice status for some books getting lost. Closes tickets: 1069403
- Catalogs: Fix regression that broke use of prefix rules. Closes tickets: 1070086
- Tag Browser: Fix sorting incorrect for accented letters Closes tickets: 1069835
- Make the bundled Liberation fonts available on all platforms for embedding
- Use mimetype for fonts from the EPUB 3 specification
- Get Books: Handle website change that broke the SONY Store plugin
- Generate cover: If the default font cannot render characters in the metadata (for example for east asian languages) try to automatically find a font on the system that is capable of rendering the characters
- Fix regression that broke certain types of CSS selectors. Closes tickets: 1068937
- Use font-weight:bold instead of font-weight:bolder for the and tags as ADE cant handle bolder when embedded fonts are used
- Yazihane by A Erdogan
- New York Post
- PC World
- TIME Magazine
- Associated Press
Mac OS X 10.5.2 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)