VirtualBox 4.2.4 - x86 virtualization software.. (Free): "
VirtualBox is a family of powerful x86 virtualization products for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows, Linux and Mac hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), and OpenBSD.
VirtualBox is being actively developed with frequent releases and has an ever growing list of features, supported guest operating systems and platforms it runs on. VirtualBox is a community effort backed by a dedicated company: everyone is encouraged to contribute while innotek ensures the product always meets professional quality criteria.
This is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and/or added:
- GUI: fixed validation warning on global settings / proxy page (4.2.2 regression, bug #11089)
- GUI: fixed crash with multiple guest screens on certain conditions (OS X hosts only)
- VBoxBalloonCtrl: fixed command line argument handling of ballooning module
- VRDP: fixed occasional crash during a video playback in the guest (bug #11082)
- BIOS: fixed broken DMI information (4.2 regression)
- BIOS: workaround for booting from Windows 2000 floppy disks
- EFI: fixed video mode selection loss on VM reboot (bug #10983)
- Parallel: fixed parallel port printing failure/ paper queue empty error (Windows hosts only; bug #2226)
- NAT: fixed crash on alias-less DNS responses when host-resolver is used
- Storage: fixed hang under rare circumstances
Mac OS X 10.6 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)