X Lossless Decoder 20121013 - Encode, transcode, and play various music file formats.. (Free): "
X Lossless Decoder (XLD) is a tool for Mac OS X that is able to decode/convert/play various 'lossless' audio files. The supported audio files can be split into some tracks with cue sheet when decoding.
XLD supports the following formats:
- (Ogg) FLAC (.flac/.ogg)
- Monkey's Audio (.ape)
- Wavpack (.wv)
- TTA (.tta)
- Apple Lossless (.m4a) [10.4 and later]
- TAK (.tak) [Requires Wine]
- Shorten (.shn) [SHN v3 only]
- AIFF, WAV, etc
Currently you can choose output format from WAVE,AIFF and Raw PCM. In addition, you can choose Ogg Vorbis (aoTuV), MPEG-4 AAC (QuickTime/CoreAudio), MP3 (LAME), Apple Lossless and FLAC in the GUI version.
- IETF Opus encoding support
- XLD now writes replaygain tags (track gain only) to FLAC files when ripping a disc
- Supported a disambiguation field for MusicBrainz metadata lookup
- Displays useful informations for AWS (used for cover art search) errors
- Profile selection support in a command-line version
- Some improvements on ape tag reading/writing
- Disc list is updated properly when required
- Fixed a file/folder naming error when an album artist tag differs from track to track
- Fixed a problem when reading a file with empty metadata entry (key exists but no data)
- Fixed a multiple logfile creation issue when there were skipped tracks
Mac OS X 10.4 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)