Little Snitch 3.0.3 - Alerts you to outgoing network connections. (Demo): "
Little Snitch sees what happens under the hood.
A firewall protects your computer against unwanted guests from the Internet. But who protects your private data from being sent out? Little Snitch does!
As soon as you're connected to the Internet, applications can potentially send whatever information they want to wherever they want.
Sometimes they do this for good reason, on your explicit request. But often they don't. Little Snitch allows you to intercept these unwanted connection attempts, and lets you decide how to proceed.
Little Snitch informs you whenever a program attempts to establish an Internet connection. You can then choose to allow or deny this connection, or define a rule how to handle similar, future connection attempts. This reliably prevents private data from being sent out without your knowledge. Little Snitch runs inconspicuously in the background and it can also detect network related activity of viruses, trojans and other malware.
- Added rule backup functionality (Rules > Backup…)
- Import of unsuitable backup files is no longer possible.
- Installer now repairs filesystem permissions if necessary.
- Pressing cancel in the connection alert window now cancels all connection attempts for terminated processes.
- Improved alert timeout behaviour.
- Improved handling of DashboardClient application.
- Improved detection of Unix executables.
- Fixed an issue which caused an 'Internal communication error' message.
- Fixed an issue where preference settings were non-persistent.
- Fixed an issue which caused missing traffic indication in menu bar item.
- Fixed a rare kernel panic.
- Removed obsolete help pages.
- Various other bug fixes and improvements.
OS X 10.6.8 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)