Stellarium 0.12.0 - Open source desktop planetarium.. (Free): "
Stellarium is an open source desktop planetarium. It renders the skies in realtime using OpenGL, which means the skies will look exactly like what you see with your eyes, binoculars, or a small telescope. Stellarium is very simple to use, which is one of its biggest advantages: it can easily be used by beginners.
Note: We strongly recommend resetting all Stellarium settings if you upgrade your previous installation!
- New rendering engine (Now you can see shadows on planets surfaces).
- New key-binding engine (Now all key-bindings can be edited).
- Improvements to scripting engine.
- Improvements to DSO.
- Improvements to search tool.
- Improved accuracy for archaeo-astronomical events.
- A large number of bug fixes and GUI improvements.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- 3D Card with support for OpenGL
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)