X Lossless Decoder 20130407 - Encode, transcode, and play various music file formats. (Free): "
X Lossless Decoder (XLD) is a tool for Mac OS X that is able to decode/convert/play various 'lossless' audio files. The supported audio files can be split into some tracks with cue sheet when decoding.
XLD supports the following formats:
- (Ogg) FLAC (.flac/.ogg)
- Monkey's Audio (.ape)
- Wavpack (.wv)
- TTA (.tta)
- Apple Lossless (.m4a) [10.4 and later]
- TAK (.tak) [Requires Wine]
- Shorten (.shn) [SHN v3 only]
- AIFF, WAV, etc
Currently you can choose output format from WAVE,AIFF and Raw PCM. In addition, you can choose Ogg Vorbis (aoTuV), MPEG-4 AAC (QuickTime/CoreAudio), MP3 (LAME), Apple Lossless and FLAC in the GUI version.
- User-customizable character replacement rules for filenames
- Supported importing Sd2f disc images (from Toast, for example)
- Created a new 'Fila Naming' preference tab, and moved some existing items to there
- When using MusicBrainz database, get track's own metadata instead of the recording's one if exists
- Added an interface to change the process priority
- Added an option for FLAC encoder to suppress writing ReplayGain tags
OS X 10.4 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)