xACT 2.22 - Audio compression toolkit. (Free): "
xACT stands for X Audio Compression Toolkit. It is a GUI based front end for the unix applications Shorten (3.6.1), shntool (3.0.10), monkey's audio compressor (3.99), FLAC (1.2.1), wavpack (4.60.1), TTA (3.4.1), Opus 0.1.6, cdda2wav 3.0 (with paranoia support) and dvda-author (v09.05). It also uses sox (14.3.1), LAME 3.98.4, AtomicParsley 0.9.0, TagLib and mp4v2. It executes the basic commands of these applications and adds other features to speed up productivity in creation/use of etree.org standard filesets.
- Fix to Core Audio encoder bug when encoding from Apple Lossless to AAC (wouldn't work before)
- Added ability to delete a single file from the file list, or all files with a certain extension. Right click on the file list to see these options.
- Added Wavpack to FLAC and Wavpack to Apple Lossless encoding
- Fixed bug in auto creation of ffp files when converting files to flac. If saving to source directory, it will correctly create an ffp for each output directory now.
- File list will now expand wide enough to see very long filenames
- When encoding to FLAC, last options for 'Verify' 'Keep Foreign Metadata' and 'Generate FFP' are now saved in preferences
- Save to source options are now saved in preferences
- Added option in Preferences screens for 'Warn when deleting original files' and 'Notify when files are skipped'
- Fixed bug in Tags tab when loading tags for MP3 file. When a file had no Total Tracks tag, the Track Number tag was being displayed in the Track Total field
OS X 10.6 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)