Boxer 1.1.1 - Mac-friendly MS-DOS game emulation, based on DOSBox.. (Free): "
Boxer plays all the MS-DOS games of your misspent youth, right here on your Mac.
There's no clots of configuration and baffling DOS commands between you and your fun: just drag-drop your games onto Boxer, and you'll be playing in minutes.
Boxer takes your CDs and floppies and wraps them into app-style gameboxes you just click to play. They're self-contained so you can back them up or share them with friends. No mess, no fuss.
If your nostalgia demands more, then decorate your games with gorgeous icons and admire your collection from your very own Finder games shelf.
Boxer is powered by DOSBox's robust emulation, which means it'll play almost any DOS game you throw at it.
- Better controller mappings for:
- Logitech Dual Action, RumblePad 2, and Fx10 series gamepads
- Logitech Formula Force, MOMO Racing and G25/G27 series wheels
- 3rd-party XBOX 360 controllers
- CH Flightstick Pro throttle emulation works better with gamepads and displays the current throttle level on-screen.
- Per-game option to disable joystick emulation, to avoid interfering with external tools like Gamepad Companion.
- If a game seems to be ignoring your joystick input, Boxer will remind you to turn on joystick control within the game.
- Reduced axis deadzone from 25% to 20% to make sticks more sensitive.
- On most controllers, buttons 5-8 are now also bound to the four DOS joystick buttons.
- Improved gamepad detection to more reliably apply twin-stick racing wheel layout.
Better disk handling:
- The program panel now discovers programs located on ISOs and floppy-disk images, and can set them as the default program for a gamebox. This makes it much easier to play games that have left all their programs on the CD.
- Drives are scanned for available programs in the background, resulting in quicker gamebox startup.
- Added support for .IMG and .VFD floppy-disk image formats.
- Fixed floppy-disk images hanging on PowerPC Macs.
Fixes for 10.7 Lion:
- Fixed nasty fullscreen lag under Lion.
- Fixed occasional Lion crash when tapping the DOS window’s close button on a trackpad.
- Disabled restore-windows-at-startup in Lion, to prevent numerous startup bugs and general misbehaviour.
General fixes and tweaks:
- New bezel notifications for switching to fullscreen, pausing, adjusting CPU speed and adding/removing drives.
- Flicker-free fullscreen transitions, smooth crossfades in program panel, and other cosmetic improvements.
- Automatic configuration for Pinball Dreams, Pinball Fantasies and Metaltech: Earthsiege.
- Disabled blur effect behind Inspector panel in preparation for App Store compatibility.
- Removed Growl support, now that it has been superseded by built-in bezels.
Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)