X Lossless Decoder 20110820 - Encode, transcode, and play various music file formats.. (Free): "
X Lossless Decoder (XLD) is a tool for Mac OS X that is able to decode/convert/play various 'lossless' audio files. The supported audio files can be split into some tracks with cue sheet when decoding.
XLD supports the following formats:
- (Ogg) FLAC (.flac/.ogg)
- Monkey's Audio (.ape)
- Wavpack (.wv)
- TTA (.tta)
- Apple Lossless (.m4a) [10.4 and later]
- TAK (.tak) [Requires Wine]
- Shorten (.shn) [SHN v3 only]
- AIFF, WAV, etc
Other formats supported by Libsndfile are also decodable. XLD uses not decoder frontend but library to decode, so no intermediate files are generated. All of the supported formats can be directly split with the cue sheet. XLD also supports so-called 'embedded' or 'internal' cue sheet.
Currently you can choose output format from WAVE,AIFF and Raw PCM. In addition, you can choose Ogg Vorbis (aoTuV), MPEG-4 AAC (QuickTime/CoreAudio), MP3 (LAME), Apple Lossless and FLAC in the GUI version.
- Added an interface to set a track 1 pregap length when opening folder as a disc
- ~/Library/Application Support/XLD/PlugIns is now recognized as an additional plugin folder
- Format strings are now available in the iTunes library name field
- Fixed a problem when encoding ALAC with resampling enabled
- Various small bugfixes
Mac OS X 10.4 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)