Plex Media Server 0.9.7.9 - Seamlessly connect your Plex clients with your local media.. (Free): "
Plex Media Server seamlessly connects your Plex clients with all of your local and online media. The combination of centralized library management, streaming of online content, and powerful transcoding functionality provides an unrivaled level of flexibility and ease of use.
Plex Media Server runs on your Mac, PC, or compatible NAS device and serves your media to all of your Plex clients including Plex-enabled mobile devices and 2011 LG Smart TVs.
- Effortlessly organize your media into a versatile library
- Native Cocoa and web-based versions provide local and network access to management features
- Automatically retrieve metadata from the Internet
- Complete customization of your library with a few clicks
- Automatic updates when new local content is added
- NEW: Music sections support searching by album.
- NEW: Massive performance improvements for some DLNA streaming scenarios.
- NEW: Allow players to specify a protocol and respect their port.
- NEW: (API) Support for filtering movies by studio.
- NEW: (API) Support for sorting by last view date.
- NEW: (API) Added endpoints for uploading custom media assets (e.g. posters). Used by Plex/Web.
- FIX: Some cache control header updates.
- FIX: A few crashes.
- FIX: (Transcoder) External SRT files with BOM marker weren’t getting rendered.
- FIX: (Transcoder) Faster startup.
- FIX: (PlexSync) Transcoder now handles anamorphic video properly.
- FIX: (PlexSync) Sometimes converted files could be bigger than source files.
- FIX: (PlexSync) Ratings directory was missing.
- FIX: (API) New /channels/arts endpoint which returns channel background art.
- FIX: (API) Resolutions filter can be itself filtered.
- FIX: (API) Don’t return empty studios.
- FIX: (API) Global on deck has mixed parents.
- FIX: (API) Make sure recently viewed channels have identifiers.
- FIX: (API) Fix incorrectly escaping JSON.
- FIX: (API) Fixes for media asset uploads, and select/lock upload.
- FIX: (API) Fix alphanumeric paging with non-alphanumeric characters.
- FIX: (DLNA) Hopeful fix for some heap corruption.
- FIX: Fixed a few (very) rare deadlocks.
- FIX: Fixed iTunes channel for iTunes 11.
- FIX: (Sync) iPad 4s weren’t using the right profile.
- FIX: (Transcoder) Faster starting for transcoded audio.
- FIX: (Transcoder) Fixes for RTMP with new transcoder.
- FIX: (Transcoder) Speed up WebKit transcoder starts.
OS X 10.6.3 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)