X Lossless Decoder 20130127 - Encode, transcode, and play various music file formats.. (Free): "
X Lossless Decoder (XLD) is a tool for Mac OS X that is able to decode/convert/play various 'lossless' audio files. The supported audio files can be split into some tracks with cue sheet when decoding.
XLD supports the following formats:
- (Ogg) FLAC (.flac/.ogg)
- Monkey's Audio (.ape)
- Wavpack (.wv)
- TTA (.tta)
- Apple Lossless (.m4a) [10.4 and later]
- TAK (.tak) [Requires Wine]
- Shorten (.shn) [SHN v3 only]
- AIFF, WAV, etc
Currently you can choose output format from WAVE,AIFF and Raw PCM. In addition, you can choose Ogg Vorbis (aoTuV), MPEG-4 AAC (QuickTime/CoreAudio), MP3 (LAME), Apple Lossless and FLAC in the GUI version.
- Added support for WAV tags
- Added a feature to open MusicBrainz release page
- Fixed a problem that caused increasing 'inactive' memory usage when using ALAC/AAC encoder
- Fixed a crash when using XLD on the user account which doesn't have a login shell
- Improved a vehavior when moving files from the temporary folder to the folder on different volumes
Mac OS X 10.4 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)