Plex Media Server 0.9.7.17 - Seamlessly connect your Plex clients with your local media. (Free): "
Plex Media Server seamlessly connects your Plex clients with all of your local and online media. The combination of centralized library management, streaming of online content, and powerful transcoding functionality provides an unrivaled level of flexibility and ease of use.
Plex Media Server runs on your Mac, PC, or compatible NAS device and serves your media to all of your Plex clients including Plex-enabled mobile devices and 2011 LG Smart TVs.
- Effortlessly organize your media into a versatile library
- Native Cocoa and web-based versions provide local and network access to management features
- Automatically retrieve metadata from the Internet
- Complete customization of your library with a few clicks
- Automatic updates when new local content is added
- Auto-select forced subtitles. I don’t speak alien either.
- (API) More information passed back at root level to aid PlexSync clients.
- (API) Final transcode resolution passed back for transcode session endpoint.
- (API) Add a 'transcoderVideo' flag at root if we support transcoding video.
- (API) Allow callers to specify a background color when transcoding to JPEG.
- (API) Add viewStateUpdatedAt for global OnDeck to allow sorting.
- (API) export library section UUIDs for PlexSync.
- (Android) Add FLAC as a direct play profile (syncing at less than 'highest' will convert to MP3).
- Added device notifications for sync (in progress, item complete). Mostly helps Kepler.
- (PlexSync) Support for syncing show banners.
- (New transcoder) Massive speedups for the new transcoder in many scenarios (sync, streaming, seeking). It should be 2x to 3x faster (around 2x faster than the old transcoder), and will resolve many issues of stuttering and buffering some have seen.
- A bug where timed library updates might only happen every other interval.
- A major regression with subtitles causing transcoder to exit on certain OS X systems.
- A case where we didn’t allow the host system to sleep.
- Improvements to audio stream picking heuristics.
- A hang when WebKit transcodes failed.
- Some EAC3 streams showed up as 'EC-3″.
- Use media analysis duration instead of likely meaningless metadata duration when possible.
- Improved elastic thread pool behavior, less pressure on thread creation/destruction.
- Fixed an issue where background color wasn’t correct in the image transcoder (fixes section icons on Roku).
- (OS X) Fix auto-update library failing under certain conditions.
- (OS X) Show Plex/Web preferences by default, option-click shows old Cocoa prefs.
- Improve Kepler transcoder profile, add Plex/Web profile.
- (ReadyNAS) Update packaging, fix temp folder path.
- (Ubuntu) Upstart fix.
- (Fedora) Fixes in scripts.
- (Roku) Improve profile, disable anamorphic video.
- (Kepler) Limit AAC to two channel, so 5.1 gets mixed down when streaming on mobile devices.
- (Kepler) Fix for anamorphic video displaying incorrectly.
- (New transcoder) Upgrade to ffmpeg 1.1.2
- (New transcoder) Allow specifying max bitrate.
- (New transcoder) MPEG4 inside AVI files didn’t work.
- (New transcoder) Allow for faster seeking for clients that support it.
- (New transcoder) Don’t send back blank segments when transcoder dies.
- (New transcoder) Allow other users access to transcode session information.
- (New transcoder) Use higher bitrate when converting other codecs to AAC.
- (New transcoder) Improve quality when transcoding interlaced content.
- (New transcoder) Greatly improved AAC audio quality.
- (New transcoder) Remove MP3 from iOS HLS transcode target.
- (New transcoder) Improved support for remuxing with multichannel audio.
- (New transcoder) Support transcoding between multi-channel formats.
- (New transcoder) We failed with some content due to scaling bug (Vimeo, TED).
- (New transcoder) Send more logs up to the media server to help diagnosing issues.
- (New transcoder) Fix an issue when remuxed videos failed or acted weirdly.
- (New transcoder) Fix issue with last character being missing in SRT subs.
- (New transcoder) Fix SRT subs showing tags.
- (New transcoder) Improve accuracy of bitrate in M3U8, helps Roku.
- (New transcoder) Improve bandwidth estimates for HLS.
- (New transcoder) Some indirect videos failed to play.
- (New transcoder) We were generating MPEGTS streams which occasionally made the Roku crash.
- (New transcoder) Improve reliability of new transcoder when resuming.
- (New transcoder) Some VOBSUB subtitles inside MKV files weren’t burned.
- (New transcoder) Some high bitrate stereo content failed to transcode.
OS X 10.6.3 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)