Sky Chart 3.6 - Draw astronomical charts of the night sky and more. (Free): "
Sky Chart is a software to draw charts of the night sky for the amateur astronomer from a bunch of stars and nebulae catalogs. Show the position of the planets, simulate any eclipse or look at the artificial satellite. It can also drive the telescope.
- Change the way the „Show grid' buttons are working.
- Add „Show compass' button.
- Add distance measurement tool, add „Measure distance' button.
- Add chart legend. See menu Chart / Labels
- Add option to only show the meridian lines.
- Increase planet simulation up to 500 positions, no change for comets and asteroids.
- Can change the color for lines and nebulae from the catalog setting.
- Add Tirion constellation figures created by James Trogolo
- New default star catalog based on Extended Hipparcos to replace the BSC and Sky2000.
- Add user defined objects in catalog setting.
- New online Internet resources:
- Add any catalog from Vizier, allow for full or partial download.
- Search Simbad, NED, Vizier.
- Link object detail to Simbad, NED, HyperLeda.
- Add Mercator projection.
- Cartesian and Mercator projection are rotated to the screen center for full sky coverage.
- Change the default projection to Tangent for FOV up to 90 deg. and Mercator for wider fields.
- Limit the use of Arc projection to 250 deg. FOV.
- Limit the vision of objects below the horizon to 180 deg. FOV.
- Improved precision of the apparent coordinates (many thanks to P. Wallace for its help):
- Star parallax
- Take account of the radial velocity to compute the proper motions.
- Light deflection by the Sun.
- Extended time validity for nutation and aberration if using DE422.
- Compute the precession using „New precession expressions, valid for long time intervals, J. Vondrak, 2011'
- Compute DeltaT values from „Five Millennium Canon of Solar Eclipses, Espenak & Meeus, 2006'
- Extend the allowed date to +/- 200'000 years
- Improved precision in the display of FITS images by using WCStools. Can show the images with transparency.
- Allow to use Socks proxy
OS X 10.4 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)