miDVD 1.0.2 - Preview, preserve and share home movies on DVD.. (Free): "
miDVD is a fast, simple and convenient way to make the most of your precious video memories. Just drag, drop and burn - miDVD looks after the rest
miDVD provides a simple, high quality DVD creator for everyone:
- Simple to use: Just drag, drop and burn. miDVD looks after everything.
- Supports 100's of video formats: drag in your video and miDVD will figure it out.
- Preview feature: preview exactly what your DVD will look like when played on your TV.
- Preview even looks like a TV, with a remote!
- Media browser: miDVD's handy media browser enables you to quickly find that precious video clip for your project.
- It's so easy, you don't need to know anything about DVD burning. miDVD works out what to do and gets on with the job.
- When we create a DVD we have to convert your movies into 'DVD' format (that's MPEG2 for the technically-minded). This is the longest step of the whole DVD creation process.
- We have updated our conversion engine so that the conversion stage is a lot faster. This means that burning a DVD full of movies (about 2 hour's worth) will take about half the time now!
- We had some problems reported with movies using non-standard aspect rations. This resulted in some movies ending up 'stretched' or 'squashed' on the final DVD.
- We have completely developed the aspect ratio handling area of miDVD so this should be all good now.
- miDVD creates the DVD preview 'on the fly' so that when you are ready to preview your DVD, most of the preview generation has been done and the preview starts straight away.
- In some situations the miDVD previewer would crash the app. This was caused by us not correctly handling the fat adding/removing of movies from a DVD project. This is all fixed now, so we don't expect any mo problems in this area.
- We have tested miDVD and miDVD Pro thoroughly against OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and everything works fine.
- The main change we have made for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion is Gatekeeper signing. This only affects the non-App Store versions of the apps and means that our apps are now signed with our Developer ID. This means that our apps will run on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion under the default security setup which prohibits unsigned apps from running.
- Our next big thing for miDVD Pro is slideshows. We're working on this now and later in the year we will have a Photo Slideshow feature that we're sure you will love!
- Both miDVD and miDVD Pro are now live on shedworx.com and have been submitted to Apple for release on the Mac App Store. Things are moving a bit more slowly on the Mac App Store right now, probably due to the huge number of apps being updated for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. We guess that miDVD and miDVD Pro will be live on the Mac App Store in a few weeks time.
Mac OS X 10.6 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)