nessMediaCenter 1.1 - Make your Mac an optimal media center.. (Demo): "
nessMediaCenter enables you to use your Mac as optimal media center!
Internet offers, Aperture and iPhoto albums, iTunes music, Miro video podcasts, local media at picture/movie folder and volumes can be selected easily & comfortably.
Plenty of different media can be selected and will be continuously presented afterwards.
MediaCenter and media presentations can be controlled by keyboard or Apple remote control.
Home entertainment as its purest - comfortable and relaxing, from the couch, armchair, bed or directly at the Apple computer!
- Internet gives access to plenty of Internet offers: e.g. cinema movies, entertainment, music videos, news, television channels.
- Aperture or iPhoto gives access to the albums with continuous presentations of pictures and videos.
- iTunes allows it to (remote) control your music: choice of the albums and tracks, adjustment of the sound volume.
- Picture / movie folder and volumes give access to pictures, DVDs, (EyeTV) movies and PDF documents.
- Shutdown of the computer by selecting exit (select Preferences to activate it)
- Movie informations (duration, size, date) below the preview for local movies
- iTunes TV shows, podcasts and (now even) movies will show/update the 'played status' (if iTunes is already running)
- Correct handling of aliases to files (if the aliases have the correct extension)
- Hint (and improved solution) if aliases to folders / volumes are found but not displayed
- Provider adaptions
- iTunes TV shows, podcasts and movies will use the last play position (if iTunes is already running)
- Apple Remote Control now compatible with CandelAir
- Alert if exclusive access failed
- Remote Control via NV Remote on iPhone / iPod touch
- Mac OS X 10.4.11 or newer
- Recommended QuickTime extensions: FlipForMac (WMV), Perian (AVI, DivX, MKV)
- Apple Remote Control or NV Remote app for iPhone / iPod touch to use the media center optimally
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)