ClickToPlugin 2.6.6 - Prevents Safari from launching plugins automatically.. (Free): "
ClickToPlugin is a highly customizable extension that prevents Safari from launching plug-ins automatically, resulting in faster browsing, reduced fan usage, and increased battery life. It replaces every plug-in object by an unobtrusive placeholder that can be clicked to load the embedded content. Further, it can replace many plug-in-based media players by Safari's native HTML5 media player.
- It is now possible to set both a keyboard and a mouse shortcut for the same task
- The default AirPlay port can be overridden in the AirPlay device hostname
- Fixed TED killer
- Removed Vimeo killer since it does not work with the redesigned Vimeo
- Fixed Disable/Enable mechanism in Safari 6
- Fixed media player button layout in Safari 6
- OS X 10.5 or later
- Safari 5.0.6 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)