Plex Media Server 0.9.6.4 - Seamlessly connect your Plex clients with your local media.. (Free): "
Plex Media Server seamlessly connects your Plex clients with all of your local and online media. The combination of centralized library management, streaming of online content, and powerful transcoding functionality provides an unrivaled level of flexibility and ease of use.
Plex Media Server runs on your Mac, PC, or compatible NAS device and serves your media to all of your Plex clients including Plex-enabled mobile devices and 2011 LG Smart TVs.
- Effortlessly organize your media into a versatile library
- Native Cocoa and web-based versions provide local and network access to management features
- Automatically retrieve metadata from the Internet
- Complete customization of your library with a few clicks
- Automatic updates when new local content is added
- NEW: Added a new advanced preference option to allow remote networks access to PMS without myPlex. You can designate a list of IP/netmasks which are allowed in. We'll have more information about how to configure this here shortly.
- NEW: Add basic CORS support for web clients.
- NEW: (DLNA) Profile option to override device fields.
- NEW: (DLNA) DlnaDeviceDiscoveryInterval can now be set to 0 to disable device detection.
- NEW: (DLNA) Sections shared from remote servers now includes the server name.
- NEW: (DLNA) Support matching devices by other device properties than friendly name.
- NEW: (DLNA) Ship DLNA profiles with PMS builds instead of Framework builds.
- NEW: (DLNA) Emit icons using alternative resolutions.
- FIX: Skip publishing IP addresses from virtual interfaces.
- FIX: Be faster about extracting thumbnails.
- FIX: Fix the scanner hanging with 100% CPU scanning some evil AVIs.
- FIX: (Win) Fix crash when playing some Flash/Silverlight video.
- FIX: Notify HTTP clients that we close the connection.
- FIX: Only write the amount requested with HTTP range requests.
- FIX: Calculate bitrate for videos in a more accurate fashion.
- FIX: Scanner is smarter about need to reanalyze media.
- FIX: A few small memory leaks fixed in scanner.
- FIX: Crashes scanning some IMG/ISO files.
- FIX: Overeager timeout when waiting for transcoded content.
- FIX: iTunes plug-in crashes with invalid input key.
- FIX: (Linux) Crash related to VMware network interfaces.
- FIX: (Linux) rsync fixes.
- FIX: (Linux) DLNA crashes on certain systems with ancient compilers.
- FIX: (DLNA) Non-local servers will display server name along with section titles.
- FIX: (DLNA) PNs not being set for audio, fixes playback on PS3.
- FIX: (DLNA) Folders now show up in the folders view.
- FIX: (DLNA) Posters weren't showing up on PS3.
- FIX: (DLNA) DLNA server now cleans up correctly when shutting down.
- FIX: (DLNA) Xbox now supports transcoded jpeg as icons and thumbnails.
- FIX: (DLNA) Set seek flags for audio/video (regression).
- FIX: (DLNA) Metadata for iTunes content now set properly.
Mac OS X 10.6.3 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)