Apple Xcode 4.2.1 - Integrated development environment (IDE) for Mac OS X.. (Free): "
Xcode is Apple Computer's integrated development environment (IDE) for Mac OS X. The full Xcode package is free to ADC members and includes all the tools you need to create, debug, and optimize your own Universal applications, targeting both Intel and PowerPC platforms. At the heart of Xcode is a graphical workbench that tightly integrates a syntax-highlighting text editor, a robust build control system, a debugger, and the powerful GCC compiler capable of targeting both Intel and PowerPC regardless of host platform. Xcode is both easy to use, using assistants to create working projects in just minutes, and also powerful enough to build the largest Mac OS X applications. Xcode is bundled with Interface Builder, AppleScript Studio, Java development support, and WebObjects development tools, among many others.
This update addresses a number of stability issues, including the following:
- Fixes an issue where the "Convert to Objective-C ARC" operation would not complete.
- Resolves a problem that resulted in no visible developer profiles in the Organizer.
- Corrects an erroneous locked file dialog appearing in the documentation window.
- Xcode 4.2 includes SDKs for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and iOS 5.
- Storyboards let you design multiple iOS screens, and define the segues among them.
- Automatic Reference Counting (ARC) saves you from manually managing retain/release.
- iCloud entitlements are automatically enabled for Mac and iOS apps.
- OpenGL ES Debugger graphically analyzes your OpenGL scene directly within the IDE.
- Apple LLVM compiler supports C++11 features and the LLVM libc++ standard library.
- Older iOS Simulators and device debugging symbols are downloaded on-demand.
- Interface Builder support for Auto Layout and new Aqua controls such as NSPopover.
- Project editor can validate and resolve out of date build settings.
Mac OS X 10.7 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)