X Lossless Decoder 20111113 - Encode, transcode, and play various music file formats.. (Free): "
X Lossless Decoder (XLD) is a tool for Mac OS X that is able to decode/convert/play various 'lossless' audio files. The supported audio files can be split into some tracks with cue sheet when decoding.
XLD supports the following formats:
- (Ogg) FLAC (.flac/.ogg)
- Monkey's Audio (.ape)
- Wavpack (.wv)
- TTA (.tta)
- Apple Lossless (.m4a) [10.4 and later]
- TAK (.tak) [Requires Wine]
- Shorten (.shn) [SHN v3 only]
- AIFF, WAV, etc
Currently you can choose output format from WAVE,AIFF and Raw PCM. In addition, you can choose Ogg Vorbis (aoTuV), MPEG-4 AAC (QuickTime/CoreAudio), MP3 (LAME), Apple Lossless and FLAC in the GUI version.
- Added support for iTunes_CDDB_1 tag This makes it possible to lookup metadata in iTunes via "Get Track Names" menu. It is available for all tracks encoded from CD, cue sheet, and folder opened as a disc.
- Year metadata field now accepts complete date string
- Track list window shows total time of a disc
- Experimental integration of command-line interface Now XLD GUI version works as a command line version. See CLI folder in the archive for details. The independent CLI version will be obsolete in the near future.
- Updated LAME to version 3.99.1
Mac OS X 10.4 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)