LibreOffice 3.4.4 - Free office suite by members of the former OpenOffice.org community.. (Free): "
LibreOffice is an office suite (word processor, spreadsheet, presentations, drawing tool) compatible with other major office suites.
The Document Foundation is coordinating development and maintenance of this OpenOffice.org fork.
- Redesigned Move/Copy Sheet dialog (Edit->Sheet->Move/Copy) to improve its ergonomics. (Joost Eekhoorn, Christoph Noack)
- Improve HTML export with an image thumbnail gallery of the slides on the contents page. (Julien Nabet, Michael Meeks)
- Fonts which are tuned for use with a specific script, e.g. Arabic, Hebrew, Malayalam, etc. now show an additional preview of some sample text in the target script. (Caolán McNamara, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Color Charts: Adding and Removing color charts is now possible from: Tools->Options->Charts->Default Colors (Rob Snelders)
- Named range as data source: With 3.4 it is now possible to use a named range as the data source for DataPilot.
- Text Rendering: Linux text-rendering improvements. Text is now drawn via Cairo with the same subpixeling options as other Cairo-using apps. The outcome is that text in LibreOffice is rendered the same as the rest of your desktop.
Mac OS X 10.4 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)