aTV Flash (black) supercharges your 2nd generation Apple TV, empowering it to do things you never thought possible! All new features are installed alongside the normal Apple TV features, so things like movie rentals, Netflix, and AirPlay will remain unchanged.
Installing aTV Flash (black) requires that you first jailbreak your 2nd Gen. Apple TV which can be done easily, and for free with Seas0nPass. Learn more about jailbreaking your Apple TV and installing aTV Flash (black) here.
Featured in aTV Flash (black) are tons of exciting new features, including an all-new Media Player, WebKit based browser, Last.fm radio, Weather, RSS feeds and more!
Expanded media support with all the extras
The new Media Player included in aTV Flash (black) empowers you to go beyond iTunes and play most popular media formats. This includes formats such as: AVI, FLAC, ISO, M2TS, MKV, MP3, MP4, MPEG, MPG, VOB, WMV and many others.
Form and function remain in perfect balance, and you can enjoy all your media through natively styled menus that include simple access to extras such as AC3/DTS sound, subtitles, DVD menus, playlists, and many others.
Automatic metadata and cover art
Cover art and metadata are downloaded automatically and added to your files with an end result of amazing! If you've already taken the time to add your own metadata you can you can use that too.
Native web browser
Surf the web with a native web browser that provides a rich web experience on the Apple TV. Included is support for things like HTML5 music and video streaming as well as easy to use bookmarks and history. Navigating the web is easily done with the included Apple TV remote or the free Remote app for the iPhone and iPad.
More than just music
Go beyond just listening to music and start truly experiencing it by utilizing the full power of Last.fm. While streaming Last.fm radio (or playing your own music) you'll have access to artist bios, and a seemingly endless amount of artist photos.
Weather and RSS feeds
Get quick access to weather and RSS news feeds. Your current weather location will be detected automatically, and other locations can be easily added as well.
- Added automated firmware signature backups
- Added Danish, Dutch, French, Greek, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish translations
- Added support for advanced (learned) remote commands
- Added support for multiple external subtitles (movie.en.srt, movie.de.srt, etc...)
- Added support for folder based organization/playback
- Added support for embedded DVD chapters
- Added chapters section heading to Playback Menu
- Added global zoom setting
- Improved playback performance for movies with invalid timestamps
- Improved appearance of VobSub subtitles
- Improved metadata fetching for localized file names
- Improved audio track filtering
- Improved playback bar to match native player
- Improved metadata and bulk folder fetching stability
- Improved Media > Settings menu layout
- Resolved issues with folder name changing on metadata fetching
- Resolved issues with buffering
- Resolved rare DVD related crash
- Resolved floating AFP issue that was causing connection issues
- Resolved floating buffer overflow in software decoder
- Minor changes to Grid View appearance
- Minor UI improvements
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes
- OS X 10.6
- Jailbroken 2nd Gen. Apple TV
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)