MKVtoolnix 5.3.0_2012-02-10-ec37 - Create, alter and inspect Matroska (mkv) files.. (Free): "
MKVtoolnix is a set of tools to create, alter, and inspect Matroska files under Mac OS X, Linux and other Unices, and Windows. They do for Matroska what the OGMtools do for the OGM format and then some.
Since May 1st 2003, the Matroska libraries themselves and my Matroska tools are officially released as a first public beta version. Although all of them are still under heavy development, I urge you to download the software, test it and report any errors you encounter to me. I'm always grateful for good bug reports because I miss so many mistakes and you guys normally find them. Your feedback is important to me :)
- new feature: mkvmerge will parse and apply the audio encoder delay in MP4 files that contain said information in the format that iTunes writes it. Fix for bug 715.
- new feature: Implemented support for treating several input files as if they they had been concatenated binarily into a single big input file. Snytax is "mkvmerge -o out.mkv ( in1.ts in2.ts in3.ts )". This feature has already been present since version 5.1.0 but never been mentioned in the ChangeLog. Support for this feature in mmg is still missing.
- bug fix: Blocks with "BlockAdditions" will no longer be muxed as "SimpleBlock" elements discarding the additions but instead as "BlockGroup" elements. This applies to e.g. WAVPACK4 tracks with correction files as the correction data is stored in "BlockAdditions". Fix for bug 713.
- bug fix: Fixed some more issues with (E)AC3 being misdtected as AVC elementary streams.
- bug fix: Fixed integer underflows in the read caching code resulting in invalid memory access. Happened in broken or incomplete files only. Fix for bug 709.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Appending AVI, Matroska or MPEG program stream files with DTS audio tracks will not result in a warning that the appended DTS tracks might not be compatible. Fix for bug705.
- bug fix: Fixed writing into paths on which a drive is mounted on Windows. Fix for bug 701.
- enhancement: Identification output for Matroska files: Added the track number header field as "number" to the verbose identification mode.
- enhancement: Identification output for Matroska files: Added a field "content_encoding_algorithms" that contains a comma-separated list of encoding algorithm IDs used for that track. For example, "content_encoding_algorithms:3" would indicate that header removal compression is used.
Mac OS X 10.5 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)