WhatRoute 1.10.7 - Find out where slow-downs are on the internet.. (Free): "
WhatRoute is designed to find the names of all the routers an IP packet passes through on its way from your Macintosh to a destination host. It also measures the round-trip time from your Mac to the router, thus enabling you to determine slow links--or hops--in the Internet. WhatRoute can also find dead links, such as routers that don't respond.
A geo-location server is queried and the locations of the hosts discovered in a trace or seen active on the LAN, can be plotted on a low resolution map or viewed in high resolution on Goggle Earth
WhatRoute also provides network and port scanning, ping, whois, dns, and lan monitoring functions.
Find the ASN with which a network is registered and the networks with which it peers
- New program Icon
- Google Earth - Better handling of meridian crossings.
- LAN MONITOR - Show network flows on the world map.
- PING - Show source and destination on the world map.
- ADDRESS SCAN - Show source and destination on the world map.
- INTERFACE MONITOR - Use either Linear or Logarithmic graph scales.
- MAP WINDOW - Buttons initiate Google Eart, link to the MaxMind site and select the colours to use for network flows.
- Internal - Fixes problem with starting the helper program.
- Internal - Better scrolling in text windows.
- Internal - Caches are all xml property lists.
Mac OS X 10.4 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)