XBMC 11.0.beta3 - Powerful media center tool for Mac or Apple TV.. (Free): "
XBMC is an award winning media center for Mac OS X. The ultimate High Definition hub for all your media, XBMC is easy to use, looks slick, and has a large helpful community.For PPC Version, download here:http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/osx/ppc/xbmc-10.1-ppc-repack.dmg
- As we continue moving toward the release of Eden, more and more fixes are slotting into place. With Beta 3, we’ve fixed playlist issues, altered some misbehaving Library buttons, provided a little more control over the way movie sets are scraped, and cleaned up numerous other small bugs.
- On top of the many bug fixes though, we are pleased to officially announce the first beta of XBMCbuntu. With this beta release, we have chosen to slightly shift the focus of the pre-built XBMC Live install. In the past, XBMC Live was optimized for a pure set-top box experience. In the switch to XBMCbuntu, we are pushing to a more traditional ‘buntu approach that emphasizes first trying and then ultimately installing XBMC onto the local machine.
- There are many benefits to this approach. In particular, XBMC is now built upon a full LXDE desktop environment, which has a web browser (Chromium) with a fully updated (and updatable) version of Flash built-in and a GUI package manager ready to install and update all of the normal Ubuntu programs a typical Linux user might use. The user may now toggle between XBMC, which auto-starts, and a normal desktop if he or she chooses. And, perhaps most exciting for many users, XBMC will now be upgradeable, both from command line and from the GUI package manager, without fear of crashing the XBMC experience.
- Naturally, those users who do not want to see the desktop will never need to. When you boot your computer, you will be booted directly into the XBMC homescreen, just as you are right now. The only clear difference is the new power underneath the hood.
- For those users experienced in installing XBMC Live, be prepared for a newer, easier graphical installer. Your downloadable Disc Image may be found here. The installer still needs a bit of polish, most notably the slideshow panels, but we will be sure to brush up the cosmetics in time for final release.
- And for those users of Eden Beta1 and Beta2, as always, your downloads may be found here. Once again, remember this is Beta software, and bugs are likely to appear. Feel free to let us know how your experience is going in the comments below.
- With Beta 2, XBMC has begun automatically scanning for Movie Collections when using the default movie scraper. With Beta 3, XBMC continues to scan for those collections, but no longer displays Collections by default. To enable Movie Collections, visit System -> Video -> Library, and enable “Group movies in sets.”
- Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later
- Or Apple TV
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)