aTV Flash (black) supercharges your 2nd generation Apple TV, empowering it to do things you never thought possible! All new features are installed alongside the normal Apple TV features, so things like movie rentals, Netflix, and AirPlay will remain unchanged.
Installing aTV Flash (black) requires that you first jailbreak your 2nd Gen. Apple TV which can be done easily, and for free with Seas0nPass. Learn more about jailbreaking your Apple TV and installing aTV Flash (black) here.
Featured in aTV Flash (black) are tons of exciting new features, including an all-new Media Player, WebKit based browser, Last.fm radio, Weather, RSS feeds and more!
Expanded media support with all the extras
The new Media Player included in aTV Flash (black) empowers you to go beyond iTunes and play most popular media formats. This includes formats such as: AVI, FLAC, ISO, M2TS, MKV, MP3, MP4, MPEG, MPG, VOB, WMV and many others.
Form and function remain in perfect balance, and you can enjoy all your media through natively styled menus that include simple access to extras such as AC3/DTS sound, subtitles, DVD menus, playlists, and many others.
Automatic metadata and cover art
Cover art and metadata are downloaded automatically and added to your files with an end result of amazing! If you've already taken the time to add your own metadata you can you can use that too.
Native web browser
Surf the web with a native web browser that provides a rich web experience on the Apple TV. Included is support for things like HTML5 music and video streaming as well as easy to use bookmarks and history. Navigating the web is easily done with the included Apple TV remote or the free Remote app for the iPhone and iPad.
More than just music
Go beyond just listening to music and start truly experiencing it by utilizing the full power of Last.fm. While streaming Last.fm radio (or playing your own music) you'll have access to artist bios, and a seemingly endless amount of artist photos.
Weather and RSS feeds
Get quick access to weather and RSS news feeds. Your current weather location will be detected automatically, and other locations can be easily added as well.
- Added trakt.tv integration (scrobbling and ratings)
- Added localized movie poster art
- Added localized movie ratings
- Added AirControl (beta) - an open control API for Apple TV
- Added support for embedded DVB subtitles
- Added advanced read-ahead buffering for SMB and NFS shares
- Added Simplified Chinese translation
- Added 'Update All' option
- Added support for secure web logins
- Improved metadata fetching speed
- Improved video rotation detection for MOV files
- Improved support for YUVJ420 & YUVJ422 formats (used by digital cameras)
- Improved top-level menu layouts
- Resolved crash when accessing ISO files on certain shares
- Resolved potential streaming issues when using an unstable network
- Resolved AFP related memory management issues
- Other minor improvements & fixes
- Mac OS X 10.6
- Jailbroken 2nd Gen. Apple TV
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)