Plex Media Server 0.9.6.5 - Seamlessly connect your Plex clients with your local media.. (Free): "
Plex Media Server seamlessly connects your Plex clients with all of your local and online media. The combination of centralized library management, streaming of online content, and powerful transcoding functionality provides an unrivaled level of flexibility and ease of use.
Plex Media Server runs on your Mac, PC, or compatible NAS device and serves your media to all of your Plex clients including Plex-enabled mobile devices and 2011 LG Smart TVs.
- Effortlessly organize your media into a versatile library
- Native Cocoa and web-based versions provide local and network access to management features
- Automatically retrieve metadata from the Internet
- Complete customization of your library with a few clicks
- Automatic updates when new local content is added
- NEW: Massive performance improvements in scanning engine. We took things apart and put them back together again, and scanning should be much faster. Like much faster. You'll notice it especially when scanning item-heavy sections like music. Speaking of music, we just pushed an much-improved Last.FM agent as well. Oh, and we also pushed a new Scanner which fixed an issue reading ID3 tags. So lots of love for music this release.
- NEW: Support for Virtual Scanners. Up until now, Plex Scanners have been limited to scanning the files directly, but with Virtual Scanners you can be much more creative. We've included an example (the Plex iTunes Scanner) which is a quick and easy way to scan in your iTunes collection much more quickly than using the regular music scanner. In under 50 lines of code, too.
- NEW: Other metadata loading/saving performance speedups.
- NEW: Location header exposed to CORS requests.
- NEW: Added a new advanced preference (TranscoderDefaultDuration) for specifying default duration for Flash/Silverlight videos. Useful for videos that exceed two hours in duration.
- NEW: Added a new advanced preference (TranscoderTempDirectory) for specifying the temporary directory for the transcoder. Useful for all those with SSD drives.
- NEW: (DLNA) Add support for device matching on serial number and manufacturer fields. Really, guys, did you implement the spec in a slightly different way on purpose? Just to mess with us?
- FIX: Music scans refreshed artists/albums for no good reason, again and again. Think of it like a nervous golden retriever which kept poking the dead squirrel. Bad dog. Sit. Stayyyy.
- FIX: Minor fixes and memory leaks in the Quicksilver transcoder.
- FIX: Do scanning depth-first instead of breadth-first. Details matter.
- FIX: Make sure we return not-deleted media items before deleted media, fixes iOS playback failure in some rare cases.
- FIX: Pass back the correct deletedAt time in the metadata item.
- FIX: Be careful not to overwrite good GUIDs, could lead to episodes losing poster/status when replacing SD ones with HD, e.g.
- FIX: A case where certain audio files could fail to analyze, causing repetitive analysis during audio scans. Points for persistence!
- FIX: Fixed a deadlock when calling into the system bundle early in startup.
- FIX: Fixed a hang scanning DVR-MS content. We've been doing lots of work lately to get those files to scan in properly, we'll be pushing new scanner/agents shortly! Thanks, Ian, you know who you are.
- FIX: Pass more hints along to agents, useful for WTV work.
- FIX: Browsing by rating wasn't exactly right.
- FIX: Failure to log in certain cases on OS X.
- FIX: (DLNA) Getting metadata can result in empty parent ID.
- FIX: (DLNA) Lack of posters on PS3 (really fixed this time, so sorry).
- FIX: (DLNA) Tweak to album art for XBoxes. (XBoxen?)
Mac OS X 10.6.3 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)