xACT stands for X Audio Compression Toolkit. It is a GUI based front end for the unix applications Shorten (3.6.1), shntool (3.0.10), monkey's audio compressor (3.99), flac (1.2.1), wavpack (4.60.1), TTA (3.4.1) , cdda2wav 3.0 (with paranoia support) and dvda-author (v09.05). It also uses sox ( 14.3.1), LAME 3.98.4, AtomicParsley 0.9.0, TagLib and mp4v2. It executes the basic commands of these applications and adds other features to speed up productivity in creation/use of etree.org standard filesets.
- Code signed for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion's Gatekeeper
- Set FLAC album art to the "FrontCover" picture type
- FLAC tags can now save full dates (2012-01-01) in the YEAR tag instead of just the year
- Added a checkbox to automatically create an ffp file when encoding files to flac
- Added the "Delete original files" and "Encode to source directory" options to the shntool tab
- Default FLAC fingerprint file (ffp) extension is now a user preference. xACT used to default to
.ffp.txtbut the user can specify
- If multiple files are added to the Tags tab file list, all new files are selected by default
- On the Tags tab, added a button to use the previously saved tags. This button will only become visible after you've set some tags since the application launched.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)