HandBrake 0.9.8 - Versatile video encoder; convert any source to MPEG-4 and more.. (Free): "
HandBrake is a GPL'd multiplatform, multithreaded video encoding tool.
- VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD (unencrypted -- CSS is not supported internally and must be handled externally with third-party software and libraries), BDMV folder (unencrypted), and some .VOB and .TS files
- Any multimedia file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode.
- File format: MP4 and MKV
- Video: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264 or Theora (1 or 2 passes or constant quantizer/rate encoding)
- Audio: AAC, HE-AAC, AC3, MP3, Vorbis, FLAC or AAC, MP3, AC3, DTS and DTS-HD pass-through (supports encoding of several audio tracks)
- Chapter selection
- Soft subtitle support (DVD/VobSub in DVD/MKV/MP4, SRT files, SRT/UTF-8 in MKV, ASS/SSA in MKV, TX3G/3GPP in MP4 - DVD/VobSub and ASS/SSA subtitles can also be burned-in the picture)
- Picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling
- Grayscale encoding
- We've decided to push out another release to fix some bugs that cropped up with 0.9.7. This includes all the previous fixes for 0.9.6 including the new AppleTV3 preset and updated iPad preset. Check out the detailed release notes for more details.
Mac OS X 10.6 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)