Lion DiskMaker 2.0rc1 - Make a bootable DVD or USB key for Mac OS X 10.7.. (Free): "Lion DiskMaker is an application programmed with AppleScript that you can use with Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 or 10.8 to burn a DVD or build a bootable USB key from OS X 10.7 or 10.8.
- Compatible with OS X 10.8.
- Progress bars: now the copying process displays progress and the name of currently copied file.
- Uses Spotlight to find the OS X Installer file. It will of course find it if it is in /Applications.
- Use the Install OS X application OR the InstallESD.dmg file, if you prefer to keep only this one.
- The process to select the disk to erase is less clunky. Now all the disks are displayed in a neat list.
- Before erasing the disk, the dialog eventually displays the volumes that might be erased as well, thus preventing erasing a full disk mistakenly.
- If you choose an 8 GB disk, the full disk is erased in GPT format, making it easier to boot on it.
- Proposes a list of DVD burners (internal, external, USB, Firewire).
- Better burning process.
- New icon.
- New option to open Startup Disk Preference when the disk is ready.
- New alert sound when Lion DiskMaker has finished.
- The name of the disk now displays the OS sub-version (i.e. 10.7.4).
- Many tweaks and adjustments.
Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)