calibre 0.9.5 - Complete e-library management system.. (Free): "
calibre is a one-stop solution to all your e-book needs. It is free, open source and cross-platform in design and works well on Linux, OS X and Windows. calibre is meant to be a complete e-library solution and thus includes library management, format conversion, news feeds to ebook conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
- Font embedding: Add support for the CSS 3 Fonts module, which means you can embed font families that have more that the usual four faces, with the full set of font-stretch and font-weight variations. Of course, whether the fonts actually show up on a reader will depend on the readers' support for CSS 3.
- Sharing by email: Allow specifying an 'alias' or friendly name by which to identify each email recipient. Closes tickets: 1069076
- Embedding fonts: Allow adding ttf/otf font files to calibre directly to be used for embedding. That way the fonts do not have to be installed system wide. You can add a font to calibre via the 'Add fonts' button in the font chooser dialog for embedding fonts.
- E-book viewer: Add the ability to rotate images to the popup image viewer. Closes tickets: 1073513
- Generate cover: Speedup searching the system for a font that can render special characters
- A new custom font scanner to locate all fonts on the system. Faster and less crash prone that fontconfig/freetype
- Font family chooser: Show the faces available for a family when clicking on the family
- Get Books: Fix eHarlequin and Kobo stores. Closes tickets: 1072702
- Kobo driver: Fix a bug that could cause the on device book matching to fail in certain circumstances. Closes tickets: 1072437
- Kobo driver: When using a SD card do not delete shelves that contain on books on the card (there might be books in the shelf in the main memory). Closes tickets: 1073792
- Workaround for bug in the windows API CreateHardLink function that breaks using calibre libraries on some networked filesystems.
- Template editor: Use dummy metadata instead of blank/unknown values
- Windows: abort setting of title/author if any of the books' files are in use. Results in less surprising behavior than before, when the title/author would be changed, but the on disk location would not.
- Pravda in english, italian and portuguese by Darko Miletic
- Delco Times by Krittika Goyal
- Financial Times UK
- Science AAAS
- The Atlantic
Mac OS X 10.5.2 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)