Flip4Mac is the official Windows Media player on the Mac - supported and hosted by Microsoft. With Flip4Mac, you can play Windows Media files (.wma and .wmv) in QuickTime Player and view Windows Media content on the Internet using a Web browser.
- Google Chrome
In general, every QuickTime based Mac OS X application can interface with Flip4Mac WMV Components for QuickTime. Please find enclosed a list of common applications for import and export:
- Final Cut Pro 5, 6 and 7
- Compressor 2 and 3
- Compressor 4 recommended for Final Cut Pro X
- Flip Player
- QuickTime Player 7 Pro
- MPEG Streamclip
- This standalone version of Flip Player is available without the Flip4Mac Windows Media components.
- This standalone version of Flip Player does not require an installer. Instead, you can install it by mounting the disk image, and dragging the Flip Player application to your Applications folder. However, you must agree to the EULA before the disk image will mount.
- This standalone version of Flip Player contains an embedded framework, rather than relying on that framework being installed into /Library/Frameworks or ~/Library/Frameworks.Added support for the application/x-ms-wmp mime type.
- OS X 10.7 or later
- 64-bit processor
- Compressor or Episode recommended for advanced conversion options).
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)