calibre 0.9.6 - Complete e-library management system.. (Free): "
calibre is a one-stop solution to all your e-book needs. It is free, open source and cross-platform in design and works well on Linux, OS X and Windows. calibre is meant to be a complete e-library solution and thus includes library management, format conversion, news feeds to ebook conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
- Experimental support for subsetting fonts: Subsetting a font means reducing the font to contain only the glyphs for the text actually present in the book. This can easily halve the size of the font. calibre can now do this for all embedded fonts during a conversion. Turn it on via the Subset all embedded fonts option under the Look & Feel section of the conversion dialog. calibre can subset both TrueType and OpenType fonts. Note that this code is very new and likely has bugs, so please check the output if you turn on subsetting. The conversion log will have info about the subsetting operations.
- EPUB Input: Try to workaround EPUBs that have missing or damaged ZIP central directories. calibre should now be able to read/convert such an EPUB file, provided it does not suffer from further corruption.
- Allow using identifiers in save to disk templates. Closes tickets: 1074623
- calibredb: Add an option to not notify the GUI
- Catalogs: Fix long tags causing catalog generation to fail on windows. Add the ability to cross-reference authors, i.e. to relist the authors for a book with multiple authors separately. Closes tickets: 1074931
- Edit metadata dialog: Add a clear tags button to remove all tags with a single click
- Add search to the font family chooser dialog
- Get Books: Fix Amazon stores, Google Books store and libri.de
- Kobo driver: More fixes for on device book matching, and list books as being on device even if the Kobo has not yet indexed them. Also some performance improvements. Closes tickets: 1069617
- EPUB Output: Remove duplicate id and name attributes to eliminate pointless noise from the various epub check utilities
- Ask for confirmation before removing plugins
- Fix bulk convert queueing dialog becoming very long if any of the books have a very long title. Closes tickets: 1076191
- Fix deleting custom column tags like data from the Tag browser not updating the last modified timestamp for affected books Closes tickets: 1075476
- When updating a previously broken plugin, do not show an error message because the previous version of the plugin cannot be loaded
- Fix regression that broke the Template Editor
- Various Polish news sources by Artur Stachecki
- Various updated Polish recipes
- London Review of Books
- Yemen Times
Mac OS X 10.5.2 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)