calibre 0.9.7 - Complete e-library management system.. (Free): "
calibre is a one-stop solution to all your e-book needs. It is free, open source and cross-platform in design and works well on Linux, OS X and Windows. calibre is meant to be a complete e-library solution and thus includes library management, format conversion, news feeds to ebook conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
- Edit metadata dialog: Show the size of the current book cover in the edit metadata dialog. Closes tickets: 1079781
- Get Books: Allow easy searching by title and author in addition to any keyword, to prevent large numbers of spurious matches.
- An option to automatically convert any added book to the current output format, found under Preferences->Adding books
- E-book viewer: Allow viewing tables in a separate popup window by right clicking on the table and selecting 'View table'. Useful for reference books that have lots of large tables. Closes tickets: 1080710
- Catalogs: Add the current library name as an available field when generating catalogs in csv/xml format.Closes tickets: 1078422
- Enable colored text in the output from the command line tools on windows
- E-book viewer: Add an option to hide the help message when entering full screen mode
- E-book viewer: Add an option to always start the viewer in full screen mode
- E-book viewer: Add many more controls to the context menu, particularly useful in full screen mode
- E-book viewer: Allow easy searching of the selected word or phrase in google via the context menu
- Add a new type of FileType plugin, postimport, that runs after a book has been added to the database.
- Get Books: Remove Gandalf store, add Publio store. Update the Legimi store plugin for website changes
- Conversion: Correctly handle values of left and right for the deprecated align attribute of images, mapping them to the CSS float property instead of to text-align. Closes tickets: 1081094
- MOBI Output: When generating joint MOBI6/KF8 files do not set incorrect display CSS values for tables in the KF8 part
- Connect to iTunes: Ignore AAC audio files. Closes tickets: 1081096
- E-book viewer: Fix restoring from fullscreen not respecting maximized window state
- Fix rows in the device books view sometimes being too high
- Catalogs: Fixed a problem occurring when merging comments with a custom field whose type is a list.
- E-book viewer: Fix blank pages after every page when viewing some comic files in paged mode
- E-book viewer: When printing, respect the specified page range. Closes tickets: 1074220
- Font subsetting: Parse the GSUB table for glyph substitution rules and do not remove any glyphs that could act as substitutes. Keep zero length glyphs like the glyphs for non printable characters when subsetting TrueType outlines.
- Smarten punctuation: Fix self closing script tags causing smarten punctuation to fail
- Various Czech and Hungarian news sources by bubak
- Various Polish recipes by Artur Stachecki
- Buchreport by a.peter
- Red Voltaire by atordo
- Autosport by Mr Stefan
- House News by Eddie Lau
- Arguments and facts
- Business Standard
- The New Yorker
Mac OS X 10.5.2 or later, Intel 32, Intel 64
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)