MakeMKV 1.7.3 - One-click format converter for video.. (Demo): "
MakeMKV is your one-click solution to convert video that you own into free and patents-unencumbered format that can be played everywhere. MakeMKV is a format converter, otherwise called "transcoder". It converts the video clips from proprietary (and usually encrypted) disc into a set of MKV files, preserving most information but not changing it in any way. The MKV format can store multiple video/audio tracks with all meta-information and preserve chapters. There are many players that can play MKV files nearly on all platforms, and there are tools to convert MKV files to many formats, including DVD and Blu-ray discs.
Additionally MakeMKV can instantly stream decrypted video without intermediate conversion to wide range of players, so you may watch Blu-ray and DVD discs with your favorite player on your favorite OS or on your favorite device.
- Reads DVD and Blu-ray discs
- Reads Blu-ray discs protected with latest versions of AACS and BD+
- Preserves all video and audio tracks, including HD audio
- Preserves chapters information
- Preserves all meta-information (track language, audio type)
- Fast conversion - converts as fast as your drive can read data.
- No additional software is required for conversion or decryption.
- Functionality to open DVD discs is free and will always stay free.
- All features (including Blu-ray decryption and processing) are free during BETA.
- Added ability to extract and put 3D MVC Video into MKV container
- Initial support for on-the-fly audio reencoding
- Improved functionality in expert mode
- Improved handling for DVD/Blu-ray discs with mastering errors
- Improved handling for DVD/Blu-ray discs with structure protection
- Better handling of MKV files created by other programs
- Many UI and stability improvements
- Bug fixes:
- MakeMKV could crash on profile change in expert mode
- A single audio frame could be incorrectly dropped at the start of file
- HD-DVD processing was accidentally broken in 1.7.0
Mac OS X 10.5 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)