The Unarchiver 3.0 - A replacement for the built-in unarchiver in OS X.. (Free): "
The Unarchiver is a much more capable replacement for "Archive Utility.app", the built-in archive unpacker program in Mac OS X.
The Unarchiver is designed to handle many more formats than Archive Utility, and to better fit in with the design of the Finder. It can also handle filenames in foreign character sets, created with non-English versions of other operating systems. Supported file formats include Zip, Tar-GZip, Tar-BZip2, Rar, 7-zip, LhA, StuffIt and many other more or less obscure formats. It is localized into Japanese, German, Spanish, French, Portugese and Russian.
- The Archive Browser is now available. Find it on the Mac App Store!
- Support for WinZip Zipx.
- Support for extracting images and sounds from Flash SWF files.
- Support for various Unix formats, such as ar and deb.
- Support for more CD and DVD image formats, such as MDF, NRG and CDI.
- Better support for Zip64 (large zip files) and extended attributes.
- Better support for 7z (self-extracting files, and LZMA2).
- Better support for some old formats, like LBR, StuffIt and DiskDoubler.
- Lots of bugfixes.
Mac OS X 10.6 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)